Tuesday 8 March 2011

Today I am all about solutions!

Dear Diary

Had to take a break this week end to clear my head and think some good thoughts. I was getting too caught up with looking at all the negatives, all the things that are wrong and it was bringing me down. Then today on the news I heard about 2 students at a local High School in Atlanta where I live, caught having sex in class and my heart broke for these children who are so lost and misguided that they thought it was a good idea to have a 'quickie' in class while a movie was being shown. What can we do? What can I do?

I want to start a Parenting League at my daughter's High School. I want to provide a resource where parents can  get together to provide counselling, guidance, help and support for each other as we try to raise our children together. I want to provide parenting classes /interventions for parents who are struggling to deal with their children and who do not have the resources for family counselling and child psychologists. 

I am going to contact my daughter's school today to talk to them about it and see what I need to do to make this happen. I will keep you updated with my progress. Parents our children need us! It is time for us to get in the fight our children's future.


copyright@antoinette simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment