Thursday 3 March 2011

Swimming against the Tide

Dear Diary

Today I want to try to stop focusing on being mad and instead start to focus on what we can do as Black Mothers to help our children. However when I go to pick up my daughter from school and see how the girls and boys dress, behave and hear how they speak to each other I get mad all over again. I feel like I am swimming against the tide by trying to somehow sound the alarm and get Black Mothers mad enough to start doing something! anything!

Have we all just given up on our children? Are we hoping some inspired Principal ( like Morgan Freeman in the Movie Lean on Me) will miraculously appear and rescue our children? That would be great wouldn't it? Wake up Parents there are not enough Joe Clark's and Ron Clark's and Geoffrey Canada's out there to jump in like superman and save our children. While we are sitting on our backsides 'waiting for Superman' our children's futures are being flushed down the drain.

What will it take for us to wake up and take our responsibilities as parents seriously and step in and step up before it is too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment