Sunday 20 March 2011

Take Care of Yourself..for your children's sake!

Dear Diary

I am thinking sombre thoughts today...last night I watched a documentary about Breast Cancer and it really stopped me in my tracks. It was painful to see how those families suffered with their loved ones who were battling Cancer. It made me stop and think, how would my children and family cope if I got ill and worst case died from Cancer or some other disease? It would devastate them.

I now realise that by not taking care of myself and my health  I am being selfish and doing a disservice to my children and my family. Mothers are you doing your breast self-examinations?, mammograms and other early detection and preventative screenings? Fathers what about those prostate exams? Let us as parents ask ourselves if we are doing all we can do to live healthy  lives so that we can be around for our children and for their children.

If we are not, then it is time to start. there is no time like the present!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes hard to do, but so very true. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy

    it really is hard to do because we get so caught up in the things of life we forget to live!

    ReplyDelete